By submitting an application for the Equestrian Hub Mentoring Program, you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
To be eligible to enter you must be:
1. An Australian permanent resident.
2. Aged 18 years and over at the time of applying. There is no upper limit to age of applicants!
3. Involved in one of the following ridden equine disciplines:
4.There will be (1) winner for each of the below categories:
5. You must choose which category you are applying for in the application form.
6. Mentorship is open to applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria numbered 1, 2 and 3.
7. Off The Track Mentorship is open to applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria numbered 1, 2 and 3, as well as actively riding, training or competing an Off The Track Thoroughbred or Standardbred who raced or trialled within the last 5 years from the date of Mentorship application completion.
8. The Readers Choice prize is only open to shortlisted applicants and is chosen on a voting system by our audience. You can register your interest to be considered for the Readers Choice, should you be shortlisted, although you cannot win Readers Choice and one of the other major prizes.
The Mentorship will be awarded, at the discretion of the Equestrian Hub selection committee, to the applicants must show the below in their application to be considered:
All applicants will be graded according to the criteria outlined in the application process. The shortlisted applicants are forwarded to a judging panel to be further assessed.
9. Be committed to providing a minimum of monthly updates on your progress via video, photos and/or written update to be sent to your Mentor for review. This is an essential to administer the mentorship effectively. Equestrian Hub may also utilise some of this non-sensitive information update for publication from time to time across Equestrian Hub and sponsors channels.
10. If shortlisted, able to provide additional video audition submission to progress the application to the final stage for judging.
11. You must be an Australian Permanent Resident, aged 18 years or over, to be considered for the Mentorship.
12. Applications are always open and will be considered for the next round of winner announcements.
13. Winners of each category will be announced each May and November. in Apr
14. Each winner will be contacted via phone and/or email using the contact information provided on their application, prior to the public announcement.
15. You are only eligible to receive one (1) Mentorship, but can apply for as many categories as you are eligible for.
16. The prize pool is not a cash payment, and the value of any part of the prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The winner will receive:
16.1 Access to the mentor of their choice at a minimum of once per month to help guide them on their journey, over a 6 month period;
16.2 Fortnightly lessons with a local coach of their choice;
16.3 The opportunity to travel to and meet with and shadow their Mentor for a day. Flights, travel and accommodation will be paid for, other expenses will be the responsibility of the Mentee;
16.4 A nutrition assessment from KER;
16.5 A quality saddlepad with the current sponsors logos; and
16.6 Various products, saddlery and/or tack as the sponsors may offer.
16.7 The winner will also receive profile exposure to the Equestrian Hub audience through regular updates we publish.
17. An Equestrian Hub selection panel will be used to select and notify Mentorship Shortlisted Applicants, and Winners.
18. If the Recipient does not respond within five (5) calendar days, Equestrian Hub reserves the right to award the Mentorship to another applicant.
19. By applying for the Mentorship, the applicant commits to providing a short testimonial and a picture of themselves in the event they are awarded the Mentorship, plus regular updates on their activities and progress during the Mentorship period, tagging Equestrian Hub on any social media posts as one of their sponsors for a minimum period of 6 months. Further, they grant Equestrian Hub permission to use their name and images in the Equestrian Hub magazine, social media, emails and on the website.
20. Equestrian Hub reserves the right to change the Mentorship program at any time, including but not limited to, the number of available Mentorship, deadlines, requirements and/or Mentorship prizes.
22. In accepting a Mentorship from Equestrian Hub you agree to WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE Equestrian Hub, its officers, associates and partner organisations from any and all liability, including but not limited to, any liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may occur to you during or after the Mentorship period.
23. Equestrian Hub reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Mentorship, or a Mentee, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Mentorship or Mentee is not capable of being conducted as specified within these terms and conditions or in the event of illness, injury, death, natural disasters or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Equestrian Hub.
24. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change.