Originally founded as Kellyville Riding Club in 1978, Hawkesbury Riding Club (HRC) was started to provide facilities for the many people involved in equestrian activities in the Hills District of Sydney.
The club is one of the very few that welcome riders of all ages – a fact that we believe is a key to the growth of our membership. Now located in Clarendon NSW in the heart of the Hawkesbury, HRC offers members fortnightly training days and regular open competitions throughout the year.
The HRC grounds have been developed to feature comprehensive equestrian facilities, including;
- Four full size sand dressage arenas
- Show Jumping arena
- Wash bays
- porting area and
- A multi-level cross-country course
There is also a canteen, clubhouse and plenty of parking.
- Promote the development of horsemanship skills and knowledge.
- Expose riders and their horses to a variety of equestrian disciplines and activities.
- Provide opportunities for riders with inexperienced horses, exposing them to situations they may expect to find in a more competitive environment.
- Prepare interested riders for formal competition.
- Provide an opportunity for people of all ages to interact in a spirit of friendship and good sportsmanship.